[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: laxfish76  
Forum » Off Topic » Site Discussion » Suggestions anyone?
Suggestions anyone?
NixonDate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 2:55 PM | Message # 21
Not A Crook...
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Cool & thanks.
Just let me know if you go for any of them. I would be happy to help:)

"And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!"

laxfish76Date: Monday, 2009-01-12, 3:00 PM | Message # 22
Humanity's Last Hope
Group: Moderators
Alright, just PM'd Jlance about it, see what he says smile

NixonDate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 3:46 PM | Message # 23
Not A Crook...
I might also help with writing "bitter" reviews. I have been working on a concept like that for some time. Could put together a lot of essays if needed. With a bit of luck I might get a friend to join in on that.

We both thinks that games stopped being good after the year 2000. We are like old men trapped in gamer-bodies.

Jlance999Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 2:13 PM | Message # 24
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Lol, kind of like Yahtzee? Constructive criticism?

Jlance999Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 2:18 PM | Message # 25
Ze Deathmin
Or tracking down ideas, themes and engines in games so that people can get an incentive to try new ones.

By this you mean like "if you like left 4 dead you should try dead rising, its a survival game as well" or am I way off?

How about having semi-blogs on new releases. The people who are willing and are getting games on release can share their first impressions on this site. If kept on schedule it might be presented as a hands on feature by regular people instead of flashy gamespot-esque launch-centers.

Like adding an option for users to leave comments to news articles about newly released games? I can do that.

And yea I understand what you mean about being more definable. I'm brainstorming on what to do as a new logo/mascot for the site.

laxfish76Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 2:33 PM | Message # 26
Humanity's Last Hope
I got our mascot:

A big pic of Jlance's face.

tongue

Jlance999Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 2:45 PM | Message # 27
Ze Deathmin
Lol, no thanks.

NixonDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 2:46 PM | Message # 28
Not A Crook...
Kinda like yathzee, but less comedy and more indepth.

You are not way of at all:) But think of it as a huge map. Start with L4D, it will link to Dead Rising, which link to resident evil etc. Picture a game-family tree branching all over the place. Tracking games and elements from a game across the relevant decades.

Yes, people could sign up as volunteers to give a players-impression of the game. Maybe urge them to use gonzo-journalism to som degree.

Leaving comments on the news other people to see is very good:)

I have also been thinking of suggestions to define the site more.... it is just so damn hard.

Jlance999Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 2:58 PM | Message # 29
Ze Deathmin
Yea, I'm still new to it as well, should of seen this site before I told people about it, lol, worked on it for almost a month before then and it looked horrid till recently when things have shaped up. I'll add the option to comment now.

NixonDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 2:59 PM | Message # 30
Not A Crook...
You are doing a great job smile

Jlance999Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 3:07 PM | Message # 31
Ze Deathmin
Can comment news now, bout to do some research and post some new news then I'm gonna work on your sig and my girlfriend should be home soon, so I might not respond too quickly.

NixonDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 4:53 PM | Message # 32
Not A Crook...
Cool. Just tried it out. Left a little w00t in the DCU news.

Desert_StormDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 5:12 PM | Message # 33
Sergeant
My apologies for not reading the whole thread, for I am very tired during this time of the day. (Sleep from 4 PM to 3 AM, so I am close to passing out).

Some suggestions that I have are:

- Maybe have the text a little bit whiter, so it's a bit easier to see.
- For recruitment, why not give this site some sort of signature that people always remember? (Red vs Blue had Halo 3 videos, The Escapist has Yathzee and weekly reviews, Penny Arcade has a weekly comic, etc).
- Also, what's with the "free web hosting" at the top of the pages? That's a bit annoying, if possible try and remove it.
- Let there some clear defined rules, and anyone who breaks them, even Moderators, Veterans, and VIPs, will all get the same punishment as someone new, to prevent unfair justice.

Some more later, however, I must write up my new poem now for my English class. My apologies.

Message edited by Desert_Storm - Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 5:12 PM

NixonDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 5:17 PM | Message # 34
Not A Crook...
Good suggestions smile

Good luck on the poem.

Desert_StormDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 5:18 PM | Message # 35
Sergeant
Oh the poem's already done, just have to write it on the computer and print it, which will take me a little bit.

NixonDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 5:20 PM | Message # 36
Not A Crook...
Sounds big. Hope it is not Paradise Lost size at least happy

laxfish76Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 5:24 PM | Message # 37
Humanity's Last Hope
When I get a new comp in hopefully March, Jlance, I can help with the whole mascot thing, I am going to get Photoshop and all of that stuff smile

Jlance999Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 5:38 PM | Message # 38
Ze Deathmin
Quote (Desert_Storm)
- Maybe have the text a little bit whiter, so it's a bit easier to see.
- For recruitment, why not give this site some sort of signature that people always remember? (Red vs Blue had Halo 3 videos, The Escapist has Yathzee and weekly reviews, Penny Arcade has a weekly comic, etc).
- Also, what's with the "free web hosting" at the top of the pages? That's a bit annoying, if possible try and remove it.
- Let there some clear defined rules, and anyone who breaks them, even Moderators, Veterans, and VIPs, will all get the same punishment as someone new, to prevent unfair justice.

-I'll see what I can do about the text, but no promises.
-I have been trying to come up with a signature, I welcome any and all suggestions.
-Costs money to remove that banner, but I will be removing it once we hit 50 members, and upgrade to vBulletin if we hit 100.
-There is a Forum Rules button at the top right of the forums, though it is extremely verbose, I'm going to go back and simplify it tonight. Rules are: No spamming, no excessive cussing, (we aren't children here, there's no need for a filter), no flaming of other members unless its part of a rant or constructive criticism, and no excessive posting of pictures unless in a thread meant for just that. Punishments are simple, 1st offense, warning, second offense, 1 day ban, 3rd 5 day ban, 4th 1 month ban, 5th, perma ban. Number of offenses is tracked in your reproofs, so mistakes shouldn't be made, and lighter offenses may get by with a warning regardless of number if you aren't just trying to disobey the rules.

NixonDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 7:00 PM | Message # 39
Not A Crook...
I have seen plenty site that offers a community for multplayer, but most of them are focused on 3 to 5 titles, max.

How about offering up lists of games that everyone has. Make this a site where people can come and find matches with each other.

Maybe have polls for theme weeks. If enough people have prey, for example, it could be in the poll. If it wins, the site could arrange games for that weeks game.

Jlance999Date: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 7:03 PM | Message # 40
Ze Deathmin
Sounds like a good idea, I'll talk to lax about it, I don't have live due to not being able to have anything better then satellite internet where I live, but he might be able to arrange gaming days.

Forum » Off Topic » Site Discussion » Suggestions anyone?
Search: