• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: laxfish76  
Forum » Off Topic » Music » Velvet Underground
Velvet Underground
NixonDate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 6:59 AM | Message # 1
Not A Crook...
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Now this is an impressive group. Lou Reed and John Cale playing some of the most influential experimental rock music ever put to record.
It is the foundation for many modern rock acts after their resurrection in the eighties. The whole "shoe-gaze" movement was inspired by the Velvets first record, Velvet Underground & Nico.

Some might be put of by the more extreme songs on their records, but every song made echoes that is still heard in todays music.

Brian Eno is qouted to say: "Not many people bought the first Velvet Underground record, but almost all who did was were inspired to start a band."

"And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!"

Jlance999Date: Monday, 2009-01-12, 7:10 AM | Message # 2
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Never heard of them but I'll check them out, I love music in general and experimental rock bands are always fun.

NixonDate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 7:15 AM | Message # 3
Not A Crook...
Group: Users
Well, here is the kicker. It is a band from the sixties. Not many experimental acts survived that era. But then again, many bands at that time were pushing the boundaries of popular music.

Check put their two first albums:

Velvet Underground & Nico

White light/White Heat

Oh, and the lyrics are really awesome, considering the time. They are mostly realistic accounts of drug use and the drug culture in new york at the time. And a great insight into Andy Warhol´s factory society.

"And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!"

Forum » Off Topic » Music » Velvet Underground
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: