[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: laxfish76  
Forum » Off Topic » Art » Book Discussion (I put it in Art because books can be art.)
Book Discussion
laxfish76Date: Monday, 2009-02-09, 2:30 PM | Message # 21
Humanity's Last Hope
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0
Click here.

He does kids books, as well as adult books.

I read his book American Gods, which is about Norse and other gods.

IamWright777Date: Wednesday, 2009-03-18, 6:11 PM | Message # 22
Semi-Village Idiot
Group: Users
Well I still have to get you the next Halo book Jlance, and I have never read the dark tower series but have heard nothing but great reviews. As far as Halo is concerned, Eric Nylund is really the only author whose work shines in the series. But I also have to add that Louis L'Amour is an excellent author, and if you haven't heard of him its because his works center around the old west. Yes I know, old fashioned, but any western you have ever watched that made you think wow was thanks to him.

um.... I arez amazing cuz I can doz what I wantz to do when I wantz to doz it... unless my mommy says otherwise

BMXPoetDate: Friday, 2009-03-20, 2:24 AM | Message # 23
Blue Team
Just finished the fifth book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and must admit I've become fairly entranced with the story. I've always been quite the adamant fan with fantasy books but this series is especially delightful. Just hope i have more time to read soon, though with four five page long essays due in the next two weeks and another round of editing to do on my book, it doesn't look that good for me. Damn English major...

Jlance999Date: Friday, 2009-03-20, 9:07 AM | Message # 24
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Quote (BMXPoet)
ust finished the fifth book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series

I LOVE THIS SERIES! lol. You do realize of course that the last book of the series doesn't exist right? It leaves you with a cliffhanger ending and no final book. Wonderful series though. My favorite fantasy series so far.

BMXPoetDate: Thursday, 2009-03-26, 3:28 AM | Message # 25
Blue Team
Quote (Jlance999)
You do realize of course that the last book of the series doesn't exist right? It leaves you with a cliffhanger ending and no final book.

No....no i did not...thank you for ruining it for me, lol.

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2009-03-26, 5:01 PM | Message # 26
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Doesn't ruin anything for you lol it was just a friendly warning. The author died before the last book was published, but a friend might finish it using his notes so he's every fan of the series last hope lol.

Hawk280Date: Friday, 2009-03-27, 6:52 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant
I was reading a good book series called Cirque Du Freak about a year ago. Its by Darren Shan and its about a boy who ends up becoming a vampire. The book goes into detail about vampires and the myths and stuff behind them. Its a fantasy book definitely but it has some action scenes thrown in and mixes the horror in at the right times too.

Its about 12 or 13 books long and even though it starts out slow by the 3rd book your already deep into the world of vampires. By the end of the series you start thinking so much that by the time your done with the last book you have no idea what just happened.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy/action/horror thrown in with a little vampire mythology.

Forum » Off Topic » Art » Book Discussion (I put it in Art because books can be art.)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: