• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: laxfish76  
Forum » Gaming » Game Discussion » DDO
DDO
BMXPoetDate: Friday, 2010-02-05, 5:26 PM | Message # 1
Blue Team
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I have just started playing Dungeons and Dragons Online a lot. I figured that since it IS a massive multiplayer online game, and this IS a forum for discussing games, that i would extend an invitation to you all to start playing along with me. If you wish to join go Here and join up, then send me a PM on this site.

laxfish76Date: Monday, 2010-02-08, 10:21 PM | Message # 2
Humanity's Last Hope
Group: Moderators
I may join up.

I just don't want to get "trapped" in a MMO. tongue

Lax

BMXPoetDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-09, 5:09 PM | Message # 3
Blue Team
Completely understandable. I worry about getting addicted ever since i heard about the Japanese kid who died while playing WoW. To be honest, i tried playing WoW (private server only, I'm not about to pay a monthly fee to play a game) and i found it kinda boring. DDO is supposed to have a better combat system, better graphics, and best of all, no real VIP stuff. There is a form of VIP, but all it does is give you the additional map areas and updates for a monthly fee. There are other perks you can pay for, like a bank to transfer items between characters, the ability to make more than two characters per server, and some SUPPORT items. All of the best gear/items you have to get from in game quests though, you cant just buy them. So far the game has been pretty cool, nowhere near addicting though. I think my favorite part of the game so far is that it is not a game that has one class that can do everything. Instead of having a warrior that can sneak through everything, tank when he needs to, cast spells, etc. you have to actually work as a team. If you want to find all of the hidden loot, pass all the traps unharmed, or sneak through hidden passages, you NEED a rogue. If you want to tackle some of the bigger quests, with swarms of enemies, you will NEED a tank. And no group is complete without a Cleric (Healer). Thats why i wanted to get a regular group together. It gets kind of annoying having to wait online prostituting myself out just to get the chance that someone of another class wants to do the same quest i want to, haha. I think i babbled on long enough to cover everything, but if anyone has any questions you want answered before you sign up or download the game, let me know.

Message edited by BMXPoet - Tuesday, 2010-02-09, 5:10 PM

IamWright777Date: Friday, 2010-10-08, 8:32 AM | Message # 4
Semi-Village Idiot
It's most certainly worth a look ha

um.... I arez amazing cuz I can doz what I wantz to do when I wantz to doz it... unless my mommy says otherwise

Forum » Gaming » Game Discussion » DDO
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: