• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: laxfish76  
Forum » Gaming » Game Guides » Halo 3 guide
Halo 3 guide
Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2008-11-27, 11:54 AM | Message # 1
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
This guide is not finished! I still have much to add but I'm free to suggestions, I'll work on it during my free time.

In this guide I will go over everything you could ever want to know about Halo 3 other than glitches, if someone wants to make a separate guide listing all of the glitched locations/things for multiplayer then feel free to, I don't play xbox live so don't have this knowledge. This thread will be updated as I learn/remember more, feel free to post any suggestions for things that you feel should be in the guide or comment on the guide.

Weapons:

There are many weapons in Halo 3, ranging from machine guns to lasers to plasma cannons and here I will list all of them and strategies connected to each.

Plasma Pistol:
This is arguably THE most common weapon in the game, especially in campaign. It is used by grunts and jackals, and while overlooked by many any long time halo player can tell you this weapon can be very deadly if used correctly.

Uses/strategies:
Group this weapon with a human pistol (magnum) for the old 1-2. 1 charged shot from the plasma pistol and a head shot from the human pistol and its game over for the poor sap you just shot.

In legendary the brutes are a force to be reckoned with, but the plasma pistol has a key use here, I always keep a plasma pistol as my secondary with a high penetration weapon as my primary weapon, such as a carbine/sniper rifle/battle rifle. Use the penetrating weapon and your frag grenades to wipe out any small enemies in your way (grunts/jackals/flood) and whenever you have to face a brute pull out the plasma pistol. Hit the brute with a charged shot with the pistol and as the green glob of plasma races towards your enemy quickly switch to your penetrating weapon and take a shot at their head. If you don't miss with the charged shot this is by far one of the best ways to take out brutes as it destroys all of their armor and enables head shots. The only exception to this being the elite brutes who's armor never falls off. The plasma/penetration route is also quite useful in multiplayer.

Something it seems no one takes advantage of is this weapons ability to disable vehicles. Someone flying at you in a ghost trying to plow right over you? Aim a charged plasma pistol shot at their vehicle and watch it skid to a stop then kill them. This works on any vehicle (besides the scarab of course) and can be a real life saver, not to mention its very, very satisfying to watch a banshee tumble from the sky after a well aimed charged shot.

Plasma punch! This strategy is one of my favorite in multiplayer. Charge the plasma pistol as you run at an enemy and quickly release the trigger while hitting the B button and voila, dead enemy.

Magnum
This is the most basic weapon in the human arsenal, a small semi automatic pistol with a

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2008-11-27, 11:54 AM | Message # 2
Ze Deathmin
Reserved.

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2008-11-27, 11:54 AM | Message # 3
Ze Deathmin
Reserved.

laxfish76Date: Wednesday, 2008-12-03, 5:24 PM | Message # 4
Humanity's Last Hope