[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: laxfish76  
Forum » Gaming » Multiplayer Strategy » Halo Multiplayer: Tips and Tricks/Gamertag Exchange (Exchange Halo Information)
Halo Multiplayer: Tips and Tricks/Gamertag Exchange
laxfish76Date: Wednesday, 2008-11-26, 3:51 PM | Message # 1
Humanity's Last Hope
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0
This thread is for exchanging Halo tips, and your gamertags so you can play on Halo.

My gamertag is laxfish76, I am not very good at Halo, but I find it to be a fun and amazing game. So, hit me up with a friend request if you ever want to play some Halo.

Anyone got some tips?

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2008-11-27, 10:38 AM | Message # 2
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Well these aren't the best tips but I can't really think strategy without the controller in my hand, but if any of these tips help someone then they were worth typing.

1. Battle Rifle and Power Drain, throw power drain, shoot at head once, enemy is dead.
2. If your using a gun and come across an enemy using a shotgun/sword, backpedal and shoot, throw grenades if you have any.
3. Never use the sniper rifle unless you have your back to a wall or a group of friendlies. You will be blind sided, and if you do, just use it then get out of the scope quickly to make sure your safe.
4. If low on ammo, a charged plasma pistol shot followed by a melle is just as good as any mauler.
5. Plasma pistol charged shots disable vehicles. If your in a big map like valhalla I think its called, always carry one if you can't get your hands on the better anti vehicle weapons.
6. Power Drains also stop vehicles.
7. Everyone has their weapon, it can be anything, even something like the plasma rifle which most ppl dislike. But there's always one weapon you will like and prefer above all others and normally excel above others using weapons of the same caliber when using this weapon. Find the weapon for you and keep one with you whenever you can, its always good to have an advantage even if its just a psychological advantage. Mine for instance is the battle rifle, I can beat any sniper with my BR and some decent cover hopping.
8. Tanks...if your using a tank stay far away, tanks should be used as artillery from a distance, a close tank is a dead tank, they are too slow to avoid any anti vehicular weapon. The only time to get close with one is if its in your interests to be a distraction then its perfectly alright to do so.
9. Ghosts, their weak point is the "wing" get a spike grenade on the wing and the ghost is gone.
10. If your going to hijack something other than a tank, knock down their shields with grenades/guns on the way to the vehicle, then when you hijack the vehicle the knocking off damage from you throwing them out will kill them.
11. If using a rocket launcher, aim for the ground near where the person is standing...never at the person.
12. Grenades are the most damaging and plentiful weapon in the ENTIRE GAME and if you can master grenade trajectory (know how high to throw a grenade to hit someone halfway across the map) you will gain a HUGE advantage. The other huge thing is knowing WHEN to use grenades, grenades are tricky, the time it takes to throw a grenade can give your enemy those extra few rounds in your torso that give him the win, so make sure your grenades hit. Play with friends and work on your grenade skills, I can throw a sticky grenade from the beach in high ground and hit the spartan laser on top of the building, its all about trajectory, grenades can really even the odds against snipers. Toss frags around corners or into small rooms, frags are very easy to find so there's no reason not to. See 2 ppl battling it out? This is war, don't feel bad for being an a hole. Throw a frag in the middle of them for 2 free kills.

I'll update this as I think of more to add to it, I know these aren't "pro tips" or anything but someone might find them usefull.

BMXPoetDate: Friday, 2008-11-28, 2:56 PM | Message # 3
Blue Team
Group: Users
I have to agree with Jlance on all of that, especially the part about finding "your" weapon. The only things i can think of to add to that at the moment are about SWAT...my usual gametype.

1. Whenever you play swat, ALWAYS keep the reticule head-height. Practice walking around the maps beforehand getting to know the lay of the land. You will almost always get the kill if you come around a corner and your already aiming at the other guys head.

2. Just my opinion, but the Character type doesn't matter either. There the myth that playing as an Elite in SWAT raises your chances of survival, and makes you harder to hit. I personally have never had any problem killing Covies from across the map. And a Spartan player who made it to 40 cant be THAT easy to kill can i?

laxfish76Date: Wednesday, 2008-12-03, 6:00 PM | Message # 4
Humanity's Last Hope
Good, keep the advice coming!

IamWright777Date: Tuesday, 2008-12-16, 9:02 PM | Message # 5
Semi-Village Idiot
This works on Jlance all the time... While you are practicing your personal strategy play large matches in free for all... take advantage of the numerous firefights and take out one guy then use the other guys lowered shields to find out quick kills... sounds dirty but it does get you experience... and as long as you don't disrespect your enemies by squatting on them...

um.... I arez amazing cuz I can doz what I wantz to do when I wantz to doz it... unless my mommy says otherwise

Jlance999Date: Wednesday, 2008-12-17, 6:13 AM | Message # 6
Ze Deathmin
IamWright777, employing his personal army of retards for distraction since 05'. Hes right that does work, only problem being I still by well over 20 kills, forgot to mention that douche.

PS, I got a triple splatter kill with a ghost last free for all match, pwnt.

IamWright777Date: Wednesday, 2008-12-17, 8:44 PM | Message # 7
Semi-Village Idiot
ha ha you forgot to mention that you suck mega balls.. and that you never have beaten me by anything more than five kills... but its ok.. I forgive your insolence and ha ha zach and jakob are a pretty good army of retards.. but lets not forget who won the most today... ME... and evan can beat you... but really finding the weapon for your character is the first thing you can do...

um.... I arez amazing cuz I can doz what I wantz to do when I wantz to doz it... unless my mommy says otherwise

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2008-12-18, 6:18 AM | Message # 8
Ze Deathmin
I've beaten you by more then 5 kills, I did win most of the games yesterday, even the team game my score was well above yours, you won 1 ninja pit and 1 slayer match, that is all, and you won slayer by only 1 kill. Oh btw even might can beat me but I am even with him now. Just had to learn his strategy.

IamWright777Date: Thursday, 2008-12-18, 8:15 PM | Message # 9
Semi-Village Idiot
Ha you didn't win most of the games you egomaniac all but one mosh pit victory went to me... and besides Jakob destroyed us in a few of those matches...

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2008-12-18, 11:45 PM | Message # 10
Ze Deathmin
Jakob...he did good but didn't win much..and I won 2 free for all, 1 mosh and had the most kills in the team slayer, that's 4 for me. You won 2 moshes. Jakob won 1 match maybe. Might be a little off on your wins but you didn't win more than me. so my egomaniac ism is justified.

IamWright777Date: Friday, 2008-12-19, 9:08 PM | Message # 11
Semi-Village Idiot
Sure you did... but anyways... even if that is true as long as I don't lose horribly to Jakob, I can live with myself...

laxfish76Date: Saturday, 2008-12-20, 3:53 PM | Message # 12
Humanity's Last Hope
I could pwn you all at Halo.

rolleyes

IamWright777Date: Saturday, 2008-12-20, 7:51 PM | Message # 13
Semi-Village Idiot
Ha yes probably but still... its all Jlance's fault that the discussion went off subject... But to refer back to the tip about finding your weapon, just because you found a firearm (or sword) you excel at using doesn't mean you should only use that

laxfish76Date: Saturday, 2008-12-20, 9:20 PM | Message # 14
Humanity's Last Hope
Exactly, like tonite I had a shotgun on Last Resort.

Thats usually not the best idea, as the map is mostly mid to long range smile

Sgt_LecterDate: Sunday, 2008-12-21, 7:50 PM | Message # 15
Private
Hm...

In my personal opinion, having one short ranged weapon and one longed range weapon usually gives you a strong chance...

Do I really need one?

laxfish76Date: Sunday, 2008-12-21, 7:58 PM | Message # 16
Humanity's Last Hope
Exactly what I think.

IamWright777Date: Monday, 2008-12-22, 8:11 PM | Message # 17
Semi-Village Idiot
I may sound like a loser for saying this, but I really do love the normal Assault Rifle

It provides excellent short to long range covering fire, and after you empty a magazine into your enemy, you have either killed them or maneuvered close enough to punch them in the face with your energy fist...

laxfish76Date: Tuesday, 2008-12-23, 10:01 AM | Message # 18
Humanity's Last Hope
I hate playing Halo with people who use the Assault Rifle.

I always use my BR, shoot them in the HEAD 3 TIMES, beat down, and they don't die.

Like 2 shots of the AR, 1 beat down, and I am down.

WTF!

Jlance999Date: Wednesday, 2008-12-24, 1:40 PM | Message # 19
Ze Deathmin
Or you could just backpedal and shoot 4 times in the head with the BR and they're dead..the BR is built for counter-sniper/counter-close range use and can be an all around weapon if paired with a plasma pistol (charged shot, switch weapon, headshot with BR, dead) or power drain (throw and shoot in head, dead). Just backpedal from all close range weapons while nailing them in the head, they have no choice but to follow you or run for cover if they intend to do damage, just watch for grenades. And close the range on all snipers while riddling them with bullets to ensure they can't use their scope.

laxfish76Date: Thursday, 2008-12-25, 5:18 PM | Message # 20
Humanity's Last Hope
Yeah, the only problem with my Halo game is that I always forget to backpedal....

I'm a noob.

Forum » Gaming » Multiplayer Strategy » Halo Multiplayer: Tips and Tricks/Gamertag Exchange (Exchange Halo Information)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: