• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: laxfish76  
Forum » Gaming » Upcoming Games » Two Worlds the Temptation
Two Worlds the Temptation
NixonDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 10:45 AM | Message # 1
Not A Crook...
Group: Users
Awards: 0
`aight, so the first Two Worlds was disappointing, to say the least. It was barely playable for me ´cause of the horrible frame-rate. It gave me headaches and hurt my eyes. I had been looking forward to it for some time and was ready to buy it on release. Thank god i dropped that idea! After reading some scathing reviews, I decided to wait for a demo. Sure ´nuff, they released it shortly after. I could not believe my eyes. The game looked nothing like the screenshots, nothing like the trailers and nothing like a game whose salespitch was "the new oblivion". I was glad that I dodged that bullet, but saddened that another great rpg-potential was reduced to crap. But a year later something strange happened. The game had received numerous patches, but most important was the fact that some egg-heads found out the game had a console. Kinda funny though, console game with in-game console tongue

This changed all. It was possible to turn of the graphical elements the slowed the game down, making it playable. And I enjoyed it! I played the game for hours on end. It was still buggy, and could get very slide-show like on occasions, but hella fun to play. And the thought struck me. The developers must have learned something from this release. Someone at Southpeak games must have taken notes, right? And more so, they must have made some money of Two Worlds. It was, after all, an anticipated game and a huge success in germany. So even though I had woved to never get Two Worlds and it´s sequels, the news of The Temptation made me cheer. My reasoning was thrown out of the window when the first game got playable. And with the developers admitting that Two Worlds did not live up to its potential also helped boost my hopes once more. They have made a point out of fixing the problems from the first game.

But there are problems. They might lie. The screenshots for The Temptation looks might sweet, but so did the shots from the first game. The release date gets pushed every three months, just like the first one. Some might say this is good, but in this case I doubt it. It was supposed to be released round this time, but has now been pushed to the 3 quarter of 2009! If they got a working engine I doubt they would need that much extra time. And it makes me doubt the screenshots already released. Are they shots from a working build of the game?
Another thing, this was supposed to be an expansion for the first Two Worlds. They must have been using the same engine right? So what´s the hold up?
As you see, there is plenty of reasons to doubt this game will be any good, but the first game had some entertainment value. Let us just hope that they have learned from their mistakes, like the developers claim they have smile

"And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!"

Jlance999Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 12:07 PM | Message # 2
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Nicely done, big picture though.

laxfish76Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 2:56 PM | Message # 3
Humanity's Last Hope
Group: Moderators
Nixon, I found a similar picture that I put in, hope you don't mind.

Exactly the same, just not so big smile

Jlance999Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 5:45 PM | Message # 4
Ze Deathmin
Well done lax.

NixonDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 6:33 PM | Message # 5
Not A Crook...
Thanks Lax biggrin

I thought the picture was a bit big to:)

The more big posts, the more eyes on the site.. I hope.

Jlance999Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 6:43 PM | Message # 6
Ze Deathmin
If you've seen the hit counter on the front page, it has been increasing quite a bit since we've been posting more frequently and popping up in search engines with news/reviews and such.

NixonDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 6:45 PM | Message # 7
Not A Crook...
That is so sweet happy

The more hits in a search engine the better right smile

laxfish76Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 7:22 PM | Message # 8
Humanity's Last Hope
If we could only get them to join.

But were working on that.

Jlance999Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 7:59 PM | Message # 9
Ze Deathmin
Yep, its a work in progress, the end result will be worth it I think.

laxfish76Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 8:05 PM | Message # 10
Humanity's Last Hope
Hope so, anyways.

Then all of the people who left us (ie. Jurgy) will all come running back...

batman

MWWWWWWWWWWWAHAHAHA!

NixonDate: Friday, 2009-01-16, 6:22 AM | Message # 11
Not A Crook...
We should probably make more posts like this. Meaty text and neat pictures.

Forum » Gaming » Upcoming Games » Two Worlds the Temptation
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: