• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: laxfish76  
Forum » Gaming » Upcoming Games » Deus Ex 3
Deus Ex 3
The_SkoomaeaterDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-28, 11:42 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Deus Ex 3, currently under development by Eidos Montreal is set for a 2010 release its pretty far off. Even so I'm properly excited.

Set before the events of Deus Ex and Invisible War, the sequel concentrates on mechanic augmentation as opposed to nano-augmentation of the previous games. Those who remember Deus Ex probably remember it fondly, with its fantastic story, innovative gameplay and seamless blending of the FPS and RPG genres.

The developers are promising an experience similar to that of Deus Ex, with the improved graphics and gameplay of the 7th Gen consoles. I have a really good feeling about this one.

- Pop culture passes me by whilst I pour my scorn upon it -

Message edited by The_Skoomaeater - Wednesday, 2009-01-28, 11:42 AM

Jlance999Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-28, 11:51 AM | Message # 2
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Hmm I'd never heard of this series, sounds worth checking out when it gets here though.

The_SkoomaeaterDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-28, 11:28 PM | Message # 3
Private
Quote (Jlance999)
Hmm I'd never heard of this series, sounds worth checking out when it gets here though.

WTF?! Deus Ex is up there in my top 10 list of BEST GAMES EVARR!!1!1!!!

I am literally shocked that you haven't played it, the graphics are outdated these days but the story is incredible.

You are JC Denton, special agent of U.N.A.T.C.O (United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition), and the game starts on Liberty Island, U.N.A.T.C.O HQ, which is under seige from the NSF (a terrorist group). As the newest agent you are tasked with eliminating the threat so the higher ups can evaluate your performance.

Throughout the game there are always loads of to the mission. Do you just attack head on with heavy weapons? From afar with rifles? The sneaky approach? Hack their computers to turn their bots and turrets against them? Evade them completely?

Seriously if you can look past the graphics I would really recommend it.

- Pop culture passes me by whilst I pour my scorn upon it -

Message edited by The_Skoomaeater - Wednesday, 2009-01-28, 11:29 PM

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2009-01-29, 6:38 PM | Message # 4
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Alright I'll try, still trying to catch up from the crazy amount of games that came out at the end of 08' though.

NixonDate: Thursday, 2009-01-29, 6:43 PM | Message # 5
Not A Crook...
Ah, Deus Ex. A fantastic game, to say the least.

But the sequel...oh lordy lord. Thats the first time I saw a game being "dumbed down". Horrible game imo.

So I haven`t followed the third one. A friend of mine who is a real DE-nerd told me the developers felt Invisible war was to complex for the broad audience. If that is the case, I fear we are left with gameplay akin to bioshock. -shudder-

Hope I am wrong.

"And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!"

Forum » Gaming » Upcoming Games » Deus Ex 3
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: