Forum » Game Reviews » New Releases » Halo Wars
Halo Wars
Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2009-04-02, 7:28 PM | Message # 1
Ze Deathmin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
So I finally got to try out this game.

Graphics 10/10

The cinematic are pretty amazing by themselves, it really gets me into the story. Graphics are quite astounding really, you really feel like your in the Halo universe, just seeing the warthogs slide around instantly gave me flashbacks of splattering grunts in Halo 1.

Gameplay 7/10
The strategy is scaled down a bit to make it playable on a console but there is still considerable strategy to be had and its well balanced. Gameplay can get a bit repetitive at times but I still enjoyed the game thoroughly, its REALLY satisfying to run around with nothing but 2 scarabs and incinerate everything that gets within your path until you've won the game. The commands are great, using the analog sticks you are really able to move around the map and select units easier than I've seen in earlier console RTS games, its a huge improvement. There is a small learning curve on the controls but once you get them down you can maneuver pretty well, though not as well as a computer RTS. Make sure you've at least tried a few skirmishes before moving online though, the people I played against tended to rush and had entire armies ready when I was still worrying about sitting up my base and upping my tech level.

Story 8/10
The game sticks to the story of the halo universe but I can't really explain how without spoiling too much. Just know that their are flood, it is the planet Harvest, and yes their mjolner armer has shields and their are flood. Anyone who's read the books and kept up with the timeline knows what I'm talking about.

Overal 8/10

I give it an 8/10 overall, its the best console RTS game I've seen to date. I recommend it to any fans of the Halo universe that have any interest in RTS games. This game is great for beginners to the RTS genre bc of its simplicity, but any hardcore RTS fans will most likely not enjoy this game unless they are just really into the story.

laxfish76Date: Thursday, 2009-04-02, 7:30 PM | Message # 2
Humanity's Last Hope
Group: Moderators
Ahem..

Jlance?

There is already a thread for this tongue

//Lax

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2009-04-02, 7:32 PM | Message # 3
Ze Deathmin
Not for a review. cool

laxfish76Date: Thursday, 2009-04-02, 7:36 PM | Message # 4
Humanity's Last Hope
Group: Moderators
Oh yeah.

Good review, I might pick this up someday.

Not too many of the people on my Friend's List play this though.

Some used to a lot, not so much anymore.

//Lax

Jlance999Date: Thursday, 2009-04-02, 8:04 PM | Message # 5
Ze Deathmin
Organized it and added a bit to it.

Hawk280Date: Friday, 2009-04-03, 2:18 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awesome sounds like a really good game.
I might get it here soon but I've got a few other games on my list before that.

Forum » Game Reviews » New Releases » Halo Wars
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: